Darrell B. Early, MBA, CFE, EA
Darrell B. Early, MBA, CFE, EA
Former IRS Agent and California Franchise Tax Board (FTB)Tax Auditor
Darrell is the founder of Integrity Tax & Business Consulting. He has several years of experience in the area of taxation and business. Darrell’s interpersonal, communication, and technical skills have allowed him to create great relationships both personally and professionally. He has a willingness to help people because he values each person. Darrell’s experience working for both federal and state taxing authorities has given him valuable and expert experience in the area of taxation.
Prior to starting his own firm, Darrell was a well respected Senior IRS Agent by his colleagues and management out of the Sacramento, CA IRS Office. Darrell left the IRS in 2014 to use his expertise he learned from working for the IRS and FTB to help people. The highlights of Darrell’s IRS career were:
- Performed audits on individuals.
- Performed audits on small and medium sized partnerships, corporations, and LLCs with revenues up to $50 million.
- Conducted fraud investigations on cases involving fraudulent taxpayers and fraudulent tax preparers.
- Performed audits on highly complex and technical tax issues.
- Trained and mentored other IRS Agents.
- Was a Partnership Entity Specialist Examiner for the Sacramento Territory.
- Presented S-Corporations Workshop training to the California Society of Enrolled Agent’s Sacramento Chapter in September of 2012.
Prior to working for the IRS, Darrell worked for the California Franchise Tax Board as a Tax Auditor. The highlights of Darrell’s FTB career were:
- Performed audits on high net worth individuals with personal income up to $250 million within the Personal Income Tax Division.
Darrell’s other notable professional experiences are:
- Over 10 years experience as a part-time college professor teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in accounting, general business, business finance, personal finance, public administration, and taxation with William Jessup University, Ashford University, Sierra College, and MTI College.
- Senior Tax Analyst for the California State Teachers’ Retirement System.
- Staff Tax Accountant with a local CPA firm.
- Forensic Accountant investigating financial crimes against the public.
- Investment Advisor- Series 6 & 63 licenses plus life and health insurance license.
- Manager of Payroll & Benefits for a large government agency.
- Certified Payroll Professional.
- QuickBooks Training.
- Served 4 years in the United States Navy.
B.S. in Accounting from University of Phoenix.
MBA in Finance from National University.
Certifications & Licenses
Certified Fraud Examiner – Certified since 2011
Enrolled Agent – Licensed since 2007
Darrell is married to his wonderful wife and best friend of 25 years, Gio. Darrell and his wife have five children (Darrell Jr., Elias, Josias, Jeremias, and Aniah). When Darrell is not busy working, he and his family enjoy time together doing family activities and traveling.